Shift to a Positive Mindset in Minutes
Aug 27, 2016
I created this list, when I was feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. I could see how sincere my husband desired to help me, but he had no answers. Once he left for work, I kept seeing the image of his face and how disappointed he was with himself, for not having a solution. I decided it was up to me to create a system, for an immediate shift.
Questions are the key to any shift.1 This first question has become my answer for almost all situations. It works!
- What is the opposite? No matter what your beliefs are, this question works. There is an opposite to every problem, emotion or thought. It is the law of the universe, everything has an opposite. It is your responsibility to fix your thoughts!2
- Pretend you are as smart as the 1% people in the world. How would they handle this situation? Contact someone that has done it before, to coach you. Delegate; freelance.com has experienced people that can do part of the project, quicker and perhaps better than you. Where can you get your hands on a cheat sheet? Maybe, there are some examples in a previous project. Can this issue be broken down into smaller steps? Start at the finish line and work your way back! You can do this! The answer is already within you!3
- What is my energy level? It is difficult to be positive and energetic, if you have no energy. Breathe deep breaths in and out of your nose 10 times, while you are slightly bouncing up and down. This will bring oxygen to your brain. Now clap 3 to 5 times loudly! As you do the clapping, announce what it is time to do… “It is time to write, make phone calls, etcetera!” You may not be able to do this last part in an office area. You can go for a walk, or take the stairs. Put a smile on your face and start planning the opposite as you build your energy. Eat something and drink some water. According to google search, 75% of the people are not drinking enough water. If you still can’t raise your energy level, take a catnap.
- Honor the struggle! The closer you get to the peak or the finish line, the harder it gets. You have to be able to find that 2nd wind or push in you. The struggle comes and builds character, confidence and reveals strength, it is worth it! What have you done in the past, you are proud of? Challenge yourself and turn it into a game. This may just turn out to be your best accomplishment!
- Give yourself some grace and empathy; let go of the emotions! Ideas and solutions drop in, when relaxed. Loved ones, friends and co-workers believe in you. You have, assigned ministering angels, helping you.4 Hold on tight to your confidence! What you need, will work its way to your consciousness one way or another.5
This is the list I gave my husband to support me. Now when I start to complain about work, or feel discouraged, he softly says, “do I need to get the list?” Your partner’s responsibility, is to give you the list when you are struggling. He is not allowed to use it, when you need help around the house! Lol! Share below what works for you.
1. Book of Job Chapters 38 and 39 - God uses 2 chapters of questions, to point out what the issue was with Job. (His pride for believing he knew God).
2. Philippians 4:8-9 …meditate on these things. The things you learned, received, heard, and saw…; Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.
3. 2 Samuel 23:5 “Although my house is not so with God, yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant. Ordered in all things and secure. For this is all my salvation and all my desires; will He not make it increase?” This is one of my favorite verses. It is saying to me, I do not have to be perfect; I have a covenant that protects and provides, all that I need.
4. Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister…?
5. Hebrews 10:35 “Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.”