5 Tips to take action with Courage and receive Clarity
Jun 12, 2017
Do you have the courage to take action? A question we all immediately answer; OF COURSE! When we look at our actions, we see a different story.
Action reveals the truth. Lack of action doesn’t mean you are not busy or lazy. It is your inner wisdom pointing out there is something more important. That gut instinct deep down that keeps nagging you.
It reminds me of the movie, Ghost. Patrick Swayze is trying to convince Whoopi Goldberg to talk to his wife. He continues to sing over and over again, 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. That scene always brings a smile to my face. It also reminds me, this feeling is not going to go away.
Look at the experts:
Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. -- Thomas Jefferson
Action is the foundational key to all success. -- Pablo Picasso
The path to success is to take massive, determined actions. -- Tony Robbins
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. -- Zig Ziglar
Guilt is not a response to anger; it is a response to one’s own actions or lack of action. -- Audre Lorde, Sister Outsider
Wisdom is proved right by her actions. -- Matthew 11:19
I once asked Mark Robert Waldman the author of How God Changes your Brain and many other books; How long did it take you to learn, how to talk slower? His answer was precious. “I always write about what I am in the middle of learning; it took me about three years.” He could have responded three years, keep it short. But he released a secret to all great writers. Write what you are dealing with or feeling at that moment.
All the above quotes from experts, were at some time dealing with the need to take more action.
Do you have the courage to take action today?
- Just start – Nike said it best. Just Do It!
- Small Steps – Break it down and take a small step, with other steps blocked out in your calendar to complete.
- Visualize the outcome – Not only does this help to complete a task, but it can reveal important steps. Work backward from your desired outcome.
- Emotional component – The human race moves on emotions. Stop hiding behind excuses and change the emotion you are feeling. Build the courage you need, just do it.
- The Journey – Clarity is not an easy thing to have and walk in. For some people, the “why” is not clear. The journey reveals clarity.
Do you have the courage to take action?
If not today, when?